The Minorities in Natural Resources Conservation (MINRC) subcommittee is actively seeking minority students to participate in the 76th Annual Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (SEAFWA) Conference on October 23-26, 2022. During the SEAFWA Conference, MINRC will conduct student workshops that will provide valuable career development information. Students will participate in discussions and gain information on selected topics relevant to seeking employment in the natural resource field. A keynote speaker will motivate the students to continue their quest to reach their goals. There will also be opportunities for students to speak with professionals regarding employment prospects.
The following expenses will be awarded to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the conservation profession:
- Hotel (2 students per room)
- Conference Registration
- Airfare or reimbursement of gas with a receipt
Students are responsible for their means of transportation to and from their local airport and personal miscellaneous expenses. Completed application and all materials are due September 05, 2022 and must be submitted electronically to SEAFWA.MINRC@gmail.com. Students will be notified during the week of September 19, 2022, to confirm their registration status, where and what time to report to the conference.
- At the time of application, must be a current college student, or graduated within the previous 12 months, or currently enrolled in a post-graduate program from one of the following southeastern states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a natural resources field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.