The Southeastern Section of the Wildlife Society was chartered in 1948 at the second annual meeting of the Southeastern Association of Game and Fish Commissioners at Lexington. Ky. Highlights of the Section activities for the first 20 years were given by Kennamer (1970). This paper is an attempt to up-date the history for the decade of years 1969 through 1978. Newsletters, Proceedings of Annual Conferences, records of executive board meetings and correspondence files provided the basis for this report. The assistance from the past presidents of the Section in preparing portions of this paper was also most helpful.